This page is currently being reviewed and may read a little differently from other pages on our website. We're working on this and it will be updated very soon.
Preserved Benefits Estimate
Members of the 1995 and 2008 scheme who have left NHS pensionable employment can receive details of their preserved benefits upon request. The basic preserved benefits should remain unchanged and will be index linked in line with inflation each year until retirement.
The NHS Superannuation Scheme (Scotland) Preserved Benefits Estimate Calculator will allow preserved members of the scheme to estimate their own current preserved benefits. Whilst we have made every effort to ensure accuracy, the figures stated are estimated only. Exact figures for retirement benefits cannot be given until such time as an application for retirement benefits has been made in accordance with the scheme rules.
Before you start, you should:
- Have your preserved benefits letter and certificate to hand
- Read the Guidance Notes provided on the calculator
This calculator should provide:
- Details for 1995 and 2008 scheme members including Practitioners
- An estimated illustration of your preserved benefits at today’s value (including transferred in service, added years or MHO service)
- A printable letter and certificate of the results provided
- A retirement estimate if you have reached age 55 (including any reduced benefits if applicable)
This calculator will not provide: 2015 scheme benefits, the effect of pensions tax charges on your benefits, details of future state pension or private pension provision, details of any survivor benefits payable in the event of your death or details of terminal ill health benefits.
If you have any issues with accessing or the functionality of the calculator, please contact us.
If you have any issues with completing the calculator fields or with the figures provided, please contact the NHS Awards team.