Pensions and divorce

Because pensions can be valuable personal assets, they’re often taken into consideration as part of the financial settlement in cases of divorce or civil partnership dissolution.

If you’re dealing with the break-up of a marriage or civil partnership, SPPA can help by providing individual pension valuations and in the implementation of any pension sharing arrangements required.

To submit a valuation request you must complete a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV) application form, if you are an active or deferred member. If you are already in receipt of your pension you must complete a Pension Equivalent Transfer Value (PETV) application form. These can be found in our Firefighters Forms area.

If you’re unsure or have any questions, you can check out our step-by-step guide and pension sharing FAQs below.

Pension sharing step-by-step guide

Pension sharing FAQs

Was this information useful?